Subject: bug#60280: 29.0.60; c-ts-mode: Indent content on newline

From: Mohammed Sadiq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:31:23 +0530

The content doesn't seem to indent on newline after the user press
<Return> as in c-mode. And the user requires to press TAB explicitly
for this happen (and indentation happens only on non empty content).

Say for example, for the following code, if I press <Return> (| is the 
point)

if (success)|

I get:

if (success)
|

but I expect the following (with gnu style and 2 space indentation):

if (success)
   |

This is very much broken in do-while loops:

Say if I do:

do
{
}

and do TAB (after selecting the whole code), indentation doesn't happen
(with gnu style), but it seems to happen right once I complete writing
while(0); (or so). (Or is this a different bug?)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.35, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-23 built on purism
Repository revision: 5a34e7c86ca1bfd5bc6ae362ae25c02d21ec0315
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cl-extra help-mode c-ts-mode treesit cl-seq vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 65971 9097)
  (symbols 48 7799 0)
  (strings 32 22388 1358)
  (string-bytes 1 797300)
  (vectors 16 14070)
  (vector-slots 8 194957 11846)
  (floats 8 32 361)
  (intervals 56 259 0)
  (buffers 984 12))