Subject: bug#60275: closed (Re: bug#60275: 28.1; chinese-cns11643-15 mapping is wrong)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 10:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60275: 28.1; chinese-cns11643-15 mapping is wrong

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60275: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60275
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60275: 28.1; chinese-cns11643-15 mapping is wrong
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:10:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 00:25:52 +0900
> 
> Reading emacs-28.1/share/emacs/28.1/etc/charsets/CNS-F.map,
> there are only UCS values for CJK IDEOGRAPH characters.
> The result buffer of #'list-charset-chars contains non-han characters.
> For example, '*Character List*' buffer starts with:

Thanks, should be fixed now on the emacs-29 branch.

Subject: 28.1; chinese-cns11643-15 mapping is wrong
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:19:33 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Typing 'M-x list-charset-chars RET chinese-cns11643-15 RET',
a wrong character set is listed.
It contains hangul characters, and looks like korean-ksc5601 charset.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-04-22 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.2364)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mule-diag gnutls network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail help-mode pp
shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/bobcat misearch multi-isearch seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv noutline outline easy-mmode view time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs
cl-lib japan-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify
w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 195583 32392)
 (symbols 48 14557 2)
 (strings 32 30185 13370)
 (string-bytes 1 872033)
 (vectors 16 27031)
 (vector-slots 8 609454 38164)
 (floats 8 30 281)
 (intervals 56 8155 7128)
 (buffers 992 14))