Subject: Re: [bug#60266] [PATCH] gnu: Add form.

From: Antero Mejr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 18:53:58 +0000

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> Test failures should also be fixed at build time.  Other than that, you
> could also try to fix the memory leak that causes the failure via a
> patch.

Fixed the test failure at build time in v3.

>> > Guix usually assumes `SSE2` capabilities for x86_64 targets, iirc. 
> It does, but not for i386 to i686, which also often see sse2 flags in 
> build systems.

I did some benchmarks on a few workloads with millions of terms. The
"tunable" optimizations didn't consistently improve the
performance. Sometimes it would be a couple percent faster, sometimes
slower. So I didn't mark the package as tunable.

>> I used the other homepage so people can skip the weird "license
>> agreement" page at https://www.nikhef.nl/~form/.
> Calling the GPL a license agreement is weird, and it doesn't help that 
> https://www.nikhef.nl/~form/maindir/ also refers to it.  Perhaps we can
> raise an issue about that upstream?

I would prefer not to bother upstream further regarding the website,
since I already had to ask them to change an invalid license statement
in a file header (which they did).