Subject: bug#60255: Memory Leak

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:59:44 +0200

> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:48:02 -0800
> From:  Ryan Wilson via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I am just using emacs normally, mostly for typescript development, so
> that might be the offending mode. Emacs is currently using 1.7GB of
> memory, the other day I killed it after I saw it was using 19.9GB. I ran
> memory report and nothing was reported as using significant memory.
> 
> Memory report output

It could be that a large part of memory that is mapped into the Emacs
process is actually free, and glibc keeps it because it cannot release
it to the system for some reason.

When you get a significantly larger memory footprint again, please
invoke the function 'malloc-info', and post here everything it writes
to stderr stream.  The data this produces will show how much memory is
actually in use.

Thanks.