Subject: [bug#60240] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add python-3.12 and python-next.

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:08:20 +0100

Hi,

> I created a brand new package definition for it, not inheriting from
> `python-2`. I actually copied/pasted the `python-2` package definition,
> removed what was specific to Python 2 and then copied over the things
> specific to Python 3 from the `python-3.10` package definition.

LGTM.

I believe the separate tk output does not give us any benefits regarding
closure size (any more?), because tcl and tk are both referenced from
`out`. Can we remove those references to reduce closure size again?

And I can also confirm test_asyncio runs out of memory on my machine
and test_threading never finishes. We should probably investigate both,
because they should not.

> - When I apply the patch I get whitespace errors, but I don’t know how
>   those whitespace were introduced and how to get rid of them.

Line 641, as highlighted by `git show`.

> Btw, the patch targets the branch `python-team`.

I believe this change could target master, since it only adds python-3.12,
but does not cause any rebuilds using it.

Cheers,
Lars