Subject: Re: [bug#60240] Python 3.10 in core-updates

From: Tanguy LE CARROUR <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:18:26 +0100

Hi John,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but... I was hiding under my desk...
ashamed to have forgotten this ticket! 😱

Thanks for the reminder!

Quoting John Kehayias (2024-02-19 22:27:48)
> A link for a refresher: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/60240>
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 12:35 AM, Andreas Enge wrote:
> > core-updates has Python 3.10.7, so you may wish to base your work on this
> > branch and submit it once the branch has been merged.

I totally missed/forgot-to-answer-to Andreas’ message! **Rude!** 😵
Sooo-sooorry!

> Yes, we have and default to python-3.10 in master but it would be great
> to have python-3.11. We could add this as "python-next" and start seeing
> what packages can build with 3.11 before deciding if/when to switch
> over.

Actually, a year or so after, it would be great to have python-3.12! 😅

> Tanguy: have you tried your patch recently at all? Can we base it off of
> 3.10 and have a working 3.11 from what you started?

… at all! 😅
I’ll try to work on that tomorrow!

-- 
Tanguy