Subject: bug#60233: 30.0.50; Dired buffer not updating sometimes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:15:12 +0200

> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 21:54:24 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> It creates new file, it does insert the file in Dired buffer, but the
> file is double to previous one. It starts appearing as following:
> 
>   -rw-r--r-- 1  22K Dec 21 09:54 rcd-org-export.el
>   -rw-r--r-- 1  22K Dec 21 21:50 rcd-org-export.elc
>   -rw-r--r-- 1  22K Dec 21 21:50 rcd-org-export.elc
>   -rw-r--r-- 1  22K Dec 21 21:50 rcd-org-export.elc
>   -rw-r--r-- 1  22K Dec 21 21:50 rcd-org-export.elc

Just by pressing B?  I cannot reproduce this here.  Please tell how to
reproduce in "emacs -Q".  (Btw, byte-compile-file is not bound to b,
it is bound to B, upper-case, at least by default.)  What I see is
that after the compilation finishes, Dired moves to the line of the
.elc file just compiled, and the entry is refreshed.

> I also use dired-x

How?

> and I use switches:
> 
> -gohl --group-directories-first

Tried that, still cannot reproduce.

> Tell me directions on how to find what is happening the next time it
> happens.

Type "C-h l" and post everything that pops up in a buffer, I guess.
I'm really in the dark here.  You need to try to note what you were
doing that is somewhat special in those cases.