Subject: Re: bug#60227: guile-ssh 0.16 update

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:56:37 -0800

On 2022-12-21, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Well, that is what I did, pulled guix to the curren wip-guile-ssh-0.16
>> branch (which contains an update to guile-ssh 0.16 and updates guix to
>> use a commit containing that), and managed to guix copy from one machine
>> to another, so I *think* we are good!
>
> As mentioned on IRC, I tested it with ‘GUIX_DAEMON_SOCKET=ssh://…’ and
> ‘guix copy’, and it all seems good.  So I think you can go ahead!

Ok, pushed as 0744540d09ddef8dbf25cc5d65da9d029dab338c.

>> Patch attached for the guile-ssh update. Once that lands in master we
>> can consider updating guix to use it...
>
> No need to update the ‘guix’ package, or am I missing something?  The
> ‘guix’ package depends on guile-ssh, so it’ll end up using the new
> version anyway.

Probably (clearly?) just me overthinking it and somehow... guix builds
with the inputs from the guix commit defined in the guix package, not
just as the source code for the guix package built with the currently
defined guix inputs to using the guix build tool... guix building guix
with guix and with guix defining the guix inputs... to alleviate risk of
casuing any genuine (further) confusion...

I'll trust your judgement here!

live well,
  vagrant