Subject: [bug#60224] [PATCH 0/9] Improvements to our u-boot tooling

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 20:18:57 +0100

Hi Maxim,

this looks reasonable to me.  Some comments below.

A minor comment about the first patch: you still bind “outputs” in the
build phases, but since you’re using #$output anyway this value is never
used.

[PATCH 3/9] introduces a comment in the definition of “native-build?”,
which references %current-target-system, yet only %current-system is
used.  Is this a mistake?

[PATCH 4/9] — This one appends arm-trusted-firmware-rk3399 instead of
prepending it.  This differs from how it was done with the labeled
inputs.  Does this have any consequences?  Is the “firmware” label used
anywhere (such as downstream packages)?  The same applies to patches
5/9, 7/9, and 8/9.

[PATCH 6/9] — The change from .bin to .elf confuses me.  Is this due to the
fact that “target” is now actually set and the package build thus
behaves differently?

[PATCH 8/9] removes a reference to “firware”; this answers my question
to patch 4/9, but perhaps other such references remain?

-- 
Ricardo