Subject: Re: bug#60220: 29.0.60; macOS 13.1 crash shortly after starting Emacs

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 06:12:35 -0500

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 2:59 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 14:30:14 -0500
> > Cc: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >
> > Unfortunately, I just got a crash:
>
> It's again inside dlopen.  We need a macOS expert to tell us what we
> are doing wrong that causes crashes there.

I found a similar issue in another program:
https://forum.xojo.com/t/xojo-2022r3-1-crashes-galore/72887/142

They seem to have concluded that it is a macOS bug introduced in
Ventura (13.0) that causes dlopen to crash maybe 1% of the time while
loading libraries. They have reported it to Apple. It is not yet fixed
(even in the latest beta) so I may need to live with this for a while.
I will send crash reports to apple every chance I get.

Aaron