Subject: bug#60220: 29.0.60; macOS 13.1 crash shortly after starting Emacs

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:27:00 +0100

On 30.12.22 14:52, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 8:37 AM Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 3:42 AM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>> 13.1 on an M1.
>>
>> Ok, same. Did you allow everything to native compile before starting
>> the restart loop?
> 
> Also, please try to run it outside of LLDB and see if it crashes there.

It seem to depend on "-g -O0" plus running in LLDB.

With "-g -O0" and without LLDB, the first restart terminates with

~/tmp/ > HOME=. ~/emacs/master/src/emacs
dyld[4467]: Assertion failed: (this->magic == kMagic), function 
contains, file Loader.cpp, line 144.

With LLDB, it stops like this between restarts

* thread #21, stop reason = exec
     frame #0: 0x0000000100b50950 dyld`_dyld_start

but happily chips on after each "continue" in LLDB.

I don't see at the moment how to proceed with this.  Maybe it's worth 
trying to use a helper process for restarting Emacs, as you described 
elsewhere if I remember that right.