Subject: bug#60220: 29.0.60; macOS 13.1 crash shortly after starting Emacs

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 17:20:14 -0800

Hm, I don’t see how that could be generally avoided. All it would take is
any idle timer that evals auto loaded code that was yet to be loaded. If
this is in fact the problem it does seem unlikely anyone would hit it
unless they were doing what I am doing, but that would only be a
coincidence.

I wonder if there are any macOS experts here. I can try asking on stack
overflow or maybe opening a support case. I’ve never been able to get to a
developer though.

Aaron

On Thu, Dec 29 2022 at 8:16 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 12/29/22 16:03, Aaron Jensen wrote:
>
> Would it make sense to use block_atimers while loading native lisp? If
>
> Might, but it might make more sense not to be dynamically loading code
> during an idle timer. Surely this could cause problems even in non-native
> lisp. Anyway, I suggest consulting a macOS expert before doing much
> experimenting; there's not enough evidence now for me to give advice.
>