Subject: bug#60207: ci build of latest guix for armhf

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 13:09:47 +0100

Julius Schwartzenberg <[email-masked]> writes:
> Op 24-12-2022 om 22:40 schreef pelzflorian (Florian Pelz):
>> If you want `guix pull` without compiling, then look at
>> <https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Channels-with-Substitutes.html>.
>
> I added the lines to my personal .config/guix/channels.scm, but guix
> pull then shows:
> guix pull: waarschuwing: could not find available substitutes at
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org
>
> And it still ends up compiling. I also tried replacing ci with
> bordeaux in the URL, but then it shows a 404.
>
> I think I'm still missing something?

Bah, it appears ci.guix.gnu.org currently just doesn’t build for
armhf-linux.  Bordeaux does not offer the needed Cuirass API.

I believe but do not know that Bordeaux does not actually build the
latest guix, just the packages.

I don’t know if offering the latest guix would even be feasible.
Probably not?  armhf builds take a long time.

Cc to Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>, Ricardo Wurmus
<[email-masked]>.

Regards,
Florian