Subject: bug#60198: 30.0.50; Eglot: Spelling error for vscode-json-languageserver

From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:25:14 +0000

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK with me.  Are we sure that we can't just have one of them? 
> Maybe
> those other distributions which create the "language-server" 
> variety 
> _also_ create the "languageserver" version? Anyway, again, looks
> ok to me, but let's try not to get too slippery on this slope.
> Sometimes a misspelling is just a misspelling and we shouldn't
> help perpetuate it.
>
> João

See 
https://github.com/nixos/nixpkgs/blob/6844c91781fdad8ad523b77ec9d1f35ff407a8e6/pkgs/development/node-packages/node-packages.json#L383-L387.

It appears that there are no executables named 
vscode-{css,html}-languageserver, so the only way of accessing 
those corresponding executables (at least in Nix) is via 
nodePackages.vscode-langservers-extracted, which provides 
vscode-{css,html,json}-language-server. Meanwhile, 
vscode-{css,html}-languageserver-bin are already accounted for in 
eglot-server-programs via the executables 
{css,html}-languageserver.

So I think we should keep support for the "language-server" 
variants as well.