Subject: bug#60190: 29.0.50; Improve `Info-goto-node-web'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 14:04:01 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:05:01 -0600
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > There's no need to maintain a list, we can produce it at build time by
> > looking at the DIR file we produce in the info subdirectory.  This
> > would solve the maintenance problem cleanly and easily.
> 
> OK, we could do that.
> 
> What would be the cleanest way to make that information available to
> Lisp?  Do we just generate a new file at build-time and put it there, or
> is there a better way?

I'd think we could generate a info-something.eld file that would then
be installed by "make install" and read by info.el when this command
is invoked.  WDYT?