Subject: [bug#60153] [PATCH v2 1/3] gnu: python-pygame: Update to 2.1.2.

From: Adam Faiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:19:34 +0800

On 12/24/22 13:51, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Samstag, dem 24.12.2022 um 07:43 +0800 schrieb Adam Faiz:
>> On 12/24/22 07:20, Adam Faiz wrote:
>>> +               (("incdirs = \\[\\]") "incdirs = origincdirs")
>>> +               (("libdirs = \\[\\]") "libdirs = origlibdirs"))))
>> I didn't do this kind of thing, because I didn't want to hardcode
>> these.
>> Most systems that pygame supports want to stay with the defaults.
> Here, "using the defaults" equates to having both origincdirs and
> origlibdirs being empty, i.e. expanded from non-existing or empty
> environment variables, right?  In that case, the build config will
> still add the default /usr stuff – it just won't start out empty.
Yes, I hadn't considered that when sending the patch.

> I feel as though we could do without this patch by supplying
> PYGAME_EXTRA_BASE as a configure flag.  Wouldn't that be better than
> patching?
Indeed, it's better than patching and should be done if it works for 
you. I feel it's suboptimal though because the include path doesn't 
deserve to be called "extra".
> Cheers