Subject: bug#60127: treesit-end-of-defun: possible bug with clojure grammar

From: Danny Freeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:47:58 -0500

Yuan,

>> Thank you very much for this detailed report! This seems to be some
>> problem with either tree-sitter or tree-sitter-clojure, where
>> treesit-node-first-child-for-pos gives wrong result. We’ve had similar
>> problem with bash before[1].
>>
>> At this point there aren’t much we can do in Emacs. If I find some time
>> I’ll make a reproduce recipe and submit an issue on tree-sitter-clojure.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-bash/issues/139
>>
>> Yuan

I have a c program that I believe reproduces the problem. I'm not sure
how we will go about fixing it in tree-sitter-clojure, but at least we
have a minimal way to re-create it.

Here is a link to the issue I created:
https://github.com/sogaiu/tree-sitter-clojure/issues/32
that also includes the c-program. I've also put it on my source hut
https://paste.sr.ht/~dannyfreeman/8786059276c334036877159a5b0872cd2aa6fbc0 

If you find the time, I would appreciate it if you could confirm my
findings. I'm a little in over my head with this bug I'm afraid.

-- 
Danny Freeman