Subject: bug#60122: 29.0.60; c-ts-mode breaks with '"' separated macros

From: Mohammed Sadiq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 20:22:26 +0530

The following code is parsed wrong with c-ts-mode:

#include <gio/gio.h>

int
main (void)
{
   GFileInfo *info;
   GFile *file;

   file = g_file_new_for_path ("some/path");
   info = g_file_query_info (file,
                             G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_THUMBNAIL_IS_VALID ","
                             G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_THUMBNAILING_FAILED ","
                             G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TIME_MODIFIED ","
                             G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_STANDARD_FAST_CONTENT_TYPE,
                             G_FILE_QUERY_INFO_NONE,
                             NULL, NULL);
}

c-ts-mode doesn't assume  G_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_THUMBNAIL_IS_VALID (and
others) to be a string (or some function/macro call that results in a
string) resulting in broken font locking and tab indentation.

The same code seems to work fine with c-mode

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.35, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-16 built on purism
Repository revision: f04680e067b04ccc9c37e709172c42bf34977ec8
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cl-extra help-mode c-ts-mode treesit cl-seq cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 62400 10766)
  (symbols 48 7256 0)
  (strings 32 21008 2056)
  (string-bytes 1 750175)
  (vectors 16 13107)
  (vector-slots 8 185233 12037)
  (floats 8 30 215)
  (intervals 56 408 1)
  (buffers 984 12))