Subject: Re: gnome-boxes and distributions

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 02:50:18 +0100

On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:39:58 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Here are some more information:
> 
> The Parabola's patch fox fixing that is probably this one:
> https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/libre/libosinfo/libre.patch
> This is because libosinfo is in the dependencies of gnome-boxes. I
> didn't check beyound that.
I've looked in more details and it seems that the information is not in
libosinfo but in osinfo-db.

Apparently Parabola also patches virt-manager[1] probably to remove the
mention of non-FSDG distributions, so I'm not sure why Parabola didn't
patch osinfo-db directly instead.

Maybe it's to minimize the amount of rebuilds or something like that
(Parabola reuses packages from Arch Linux and removes/replace the ones
that are not FSDG compliant).

References:
-----------
[1]https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/libre/virt-manager/libre.patch

Denis.