Subject: bug#60104: Hiccups installing GNU Guix 1.4.0rc2 system

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 23:51:28 +0100

Hi,

"J. Sims" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I managed to successfully install the GNU Guix 1.4.0rc2 system iso on
> an HP Dev One laptop (with help from USB stuff for
> networking). Everything mostly went as expected, except after the
> installation I got a screen saying crypttab couldn't find a specific
> partition.

What’s crypttab?  At which point exactly does this screen appears:
before GRUB, after GRUB, once the Linux kernel has booted?

> I assume this was something left over from a previous OS installation
> since wiping the partitions with cfdisk and then installing worked
> fine. Note that while my initial install attempts did use encryption,
> the final (successful) one did not; I don't think this has any effect
> one way or the other on the viability of installation since I ran into
> the same issue both with and without an encrypted Guix installation
> before wiping the partitions.

OK.

> Hopefully it should be simple enough to just completely rewrite the partition table during installation and sidestep this issue.

Normally the installer will rewrite the partition table, unless (I
think) you choose to keep things unchanged.

Thanks,
Ludo’.