Subject: bug#60089: 29.0.60; eglot doesn't support csharp-ls language server [PATCH]

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:55:36 +0100

Right now eglot only knows about the Omnisharp Roslyn language server 
for C#.

csharp-ls[1] is another popular language server and is supported by 
other LSP-clients, like lsp-mode.

Eglot should support it too.

Attached is a patch which introduces support for this language-server.

[1] https://github.com/razzmatazz/csharp-language-server

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-15 built on dev-jostein
Repository revision: 98ea7054a71d73f2eaaa802645a932580ede9ec9
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: NEWS

Minor modes in effect:
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   dap-tooltip-mode: t
   dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
   dap-ui-controls-mode: t
   dap-ui-mode: t
   dap-auto-configure-mode: t
   dap-mode: t
   flyspell-mode: t
   treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
   treemacs-follow-mode: t
   treemacs-git-mode: t
   treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   outline-minor-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   global-nlinum-mode: t
   nlinum-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   button-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug mule-util emacs-news-mode csharp-mode cc-langs
eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert flymake-proc flymake
help-fns radix-tree cl-print tabify misearch multi-isearch rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok git-rebase vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc bug-reference mail-extr
magit-extras magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm
compat-27 compat-26 yank-media sgml-mode facemenu dired-aux
lsp-diagnostics lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline dap-mouse dap-ui
gdb-mi bindat gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history
bui-button bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node
dap-utils dap-pwsh dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch posframe
dap-overlays view typescript-ts-mode js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs executable
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace helm-info
face-remap disp-table elec-pair flyspell ispell toml-ts-mode treesit
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn winner ffap tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log lsp-zig
lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r
lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-pls
lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix
lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack
lsp-graphql lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp
lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm
lsp-dockerfile lsp-docker yaml lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls
lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-astro
lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada warnings lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget spinner network-stream nsm
markdown-mode color lv inline ht ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config
highlight-symbol flycheck editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company which-func hideshow eww url-queue thingatpt shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr helm-imenu pcase imenu
ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs helm-mode
helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util xdg image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load icons
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config delsel autorevert filenotify
yasnippet nlinum linum ido-yes-or-no advice ido edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode xref project server hl-line
pixel-scroll cua-base compile-eslint compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons shrink-path rx f f-shortdoc shortdoc
text-property-search s dash compat compat-macs dracula-theme cl-extra
help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf
expand-region-autoloads ido-yes-or-no-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
elisp-slime-nav-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
dracula-theme-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads powershell-autoloads company-web-autoloads
shrink-path-autoloads paredit-autoloads bui-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
helm-autoloads popup-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads
f-autoloads hydra-autoloads nlinum-autoloads ht-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads s-autoloads company-autoloads
ido-completing-read+-autoloads memoize-autoloads lv-autoloads
magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads
cargo-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads info dash-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1130646 117537)
  (symbols 48 60946 0)
  (strings 32 291613 29702)
  (string-bytes 1 8373686)
  (vectors 16 160373)
  (vector-slots 8 2626469 90522)
  (floats 8 1114 778)
  (intervals 56 70217 5529)
  (buffers 984 64))

-- 
*Jostein Kjønigsen*
jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>
[email-masked] - [email-masked]

From 5464281e2fd14c681fc23b278bc39af63682bd2b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Jostein=20Kj=C3=B8nigsen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:44:39 +0100
Subject: [PATCH 1/2] Eglot: Add support for new language server: csharp-ls

C# has 2 popular language servers: Omnisharp Roslyn (already
supported) and csharp-ls (newer, more performant).

* lisp/progmodes/eglot.el: add new c# language server to list.
---
 lisp/progmodes/eglot.el | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
index 9c5a361df7b..80aab7736cb 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
@@ -240,7 +240,9 @@ eglot-server-programs
                                 ((clojure-mode clojurescript-mode clojurec-mode)
                                  . ("clojure-lsp"))
                                 ((csharp-mode csharp-ts-mode)
-                                 . ("omnisharp" "-lsp"))
+                                 . ,(eglot-alternatives
+                                     '(("omnisharp" "-lsp")
+                                       ("csharp-ls"))))
                                 (purescript-mode . ("purescript-language-server" "--stdio"))
                                 ((perl-mode cperl-mode) . ("perl" "-MPerl::LanguageServer" "-e" "Perl::LanguageServer::run"))
                                 (markdown-mode . ("marksman" "server")))
-- 
2.34.1