Subject: Re: bug#60087: 29.0.60; c++-ts-mode conflict with electric-pair-mode

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:10:00 +0000

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:25 PM Daniel Martín via Bug reports for GNU
Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Thanks for the report.  I think the bug is that we need a second
> character in the syntax table entry, to set the correct matching
> delimiter.
>
> Does the following patch solve this issue and bug#60049?
>
>
I don't know how this can work if '<' is going to be used to input
the less-than operator.  I think more complex syntax-propertization
functionality is going to be needed here.  I don't have a tree-sitter
build to test, but I'd say that the tree-sitter backend should be asked
about what kind of '<' and '>' we're talking about.  AFAICT, just
saying that '<' has the delimiter syntax in C++ is wrong. It's not
like '(' or '{.'

João