Subject: bug#60084: closed (Re: bug#60084: 30.0.50; Ignore GDB history)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 10:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60084: 30.0.50; Ignore GDB history

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60084: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60084
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60084: 30.0.50; Ignore GDB history
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:56:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 11:50:15 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> [...]
> 
> > If you mean you don't have write access to our Git repository, then I
> > can install it for you.  Otherwise, I don't think I understand what
> > you are asking.
> 
> I don't think I have write access.

Thanks, I installed the patch on the emacs-29 branch.

> But it is normal no?

Yes.  But I can never remember who does and who doesn't have write
access.  Sorry.

Subject: 30.0.50; Ignore GDB history
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:52:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is a patch to ignore history files generated by GDB into the
emacs-repo.
>From c661a8c4a54f44b49a0ddf321151b5166a76d4ba Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:50:32 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] * .gitignore: Ignore GDB history files.

---
 .gitignore | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
index f4d2c15f51..af0ba0eb41 100644
--- a/.gitignore
+++ b/.gitignore
@@ -334,3 +334,7 @@ lib-src/seccomp-filter-exec.pfc
 # Ignore a directory used by dap-mode.
 .vscode
 /test/gmp.h
+
+# GDB history
+.gdb_history
+_gdb_history
-- 
2.38.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2022-12-12 built on computer
Repository revision: 70c3fafc080856517143852a455bc7e974870cc4
Repository branch: mgi/svg-trouble
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#859 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug magit-patch thai-util thai-word goto-addr bug-reference
magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils dash gnus-dired vc-svn sort gnus-cite
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-draft gnus-ml gnus-topic
mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth qp utf-7 imap nndoc
nndraft nnmh network-stream nsm nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss mm-url w3m
doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util
tabify pulse imenu man whitespace conf-mode tramp-cmds term ehelp
sh-script smie treesit executable vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr
vc-dispatcher rfc2104 tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh paredit edmacro
time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace
transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref project
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
rust-mode-autoloads stimmung-themes-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 981889 454680)
 (symbols 48 62014 18)
 (strings 32 292924 33816)
 (string-bytes 1 9231754)
 (vectors 16 184239)
 (vector-slots 8 3065115 140983)
 (floats 8 650 622)
 (intervals 56 3811 1382)
 (buffers 984 34))

-- 
Manuel Giraud