Subject: bug#60077: 29.0.60; Is xterm modifyOtherKeys support broken?

From: Len Trigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 08:48:54 +1300

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 22:10, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > And my wild speculation from looking at the example table "Other
> modified-key escapes" on
> > https://invisible-island.net/xterm/modified-keys-us-pc105.html is that
> emacs would need an entry like:
> >                    (3 32 [?\M-\s])
> > to handle the modifyOtherKeys encoding of "\E[27;3;32~" for M-SPC,
>
> If that fixes the problem, we could install it.
>

I tried this out and it does fix the issue for me. BTW, have you tried to
replicate the issue yourself?

There's nothing wrong with solving this one problem at a time, right?
> Especially since we don't seem to have complaints about other
> sequences.
>

I suppose so, I'm just a little wary of fixing like this without
understanding why it only seems to be an issue now or whether other guards
are needed. For example, the commit log for this area shows Dan Nicolaescu
adding more bindings in c0658ad46e4928ecdf6a14904073dc8a2fcfe862 and also
bumping the xterm version number that is checked against, so he is probably
knowledgeable about how this works. (I've tried to add him to the CC list
using the email address in that commit)

Cheers,
Len.