Subject: bug#60061: 30.0.50; Build fails in separate directory for ../configure --without-all --with-mailutils

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 14:39:28 +0200

> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 10:45:07 +0300
> 
> I wished to make separate build of Emacs version --without-all in
> separate directory like following:
> 
> $ mkdir without-all
> $ cd without-all
> $ ../configure --without-all --with-mailutils
> $ make
> 
> and then I get following errors below. Does this mean that Emacs cannot
> be built in separate directory?

I think you run the various "*clean" targets in the wrong directory,
and you already have an old build in
'/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/', which is the
parent directory of the one where you are trying to build a different
configuration.

Please do:

  . create a new, empty directory, outside of the
    '/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/' tree
  . clone the Emacs Git repository into that new empty directory
  . create a subdirectory without-all and configure and build Emacs as
    you tried before

If the above doesn't work, please post the complete build transcript,
but only one, please.