Subject: Re: bug#60061: 30.0.50; Build fails in separate directory for ../configure --without-all --with-mailutils

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:03:57 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2022-12-14 15:42]:
>   . create a new, empty directory, outside of the
>     '/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/' tree
>   . clone the Emacs Git repository into that new empty directory
>   . create a subdirectory without-all and configure and build Emacs as
>     you tried before
> 
> If the above doesn't work, please post the complete build transcript,
> but only one, please.

I have done that, it works well clean, but on different machine
(Debian GNU/Linux).

On personal machine Parabola GNU/Linux-libre still same issue.

What could be this problem below?

  CCLD     temacs
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find dispnew.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find frame.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find scroll.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find xdisp.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find menu.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find window.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find charset.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find coding.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find category.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find ccl.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find character.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find chartab.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find bidi.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find cm.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find term.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find terminal.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find xfaces.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find emacs.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find keyboard.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find macros.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find keymap.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find sysdep.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find bignum.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find buffer.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find filelock.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find insdel.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find marker.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find minibuf.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find fileio.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find dired.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find cmds.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find casetab.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find casefiddle.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find indent.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find search.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find regex-emacs.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find undo.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find alloc.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find pdumper.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find data.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find editfns.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find callint.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find eval.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find floatfns.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find fns.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find sort.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find font.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find print.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find lread.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find syntax.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find bytecode.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find comp.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find process.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find gnutls.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find callproc.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find region-cache.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find sound.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find timefns.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find atimer.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find doprnt.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find intervals.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find textprop.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find composite.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find xml.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find lcms.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find profiler.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find decompress.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find thread.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find systhread.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find sqlite.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find treesit.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find itree.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find json.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find terminfo.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find lastfile.o: No such file or directory

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/