Subject: Re: bug#60060: 29.0.50; tramp-tests leave temporary files behind

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:08:33 -0800

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've pushed a fix to the emacs-29 branch which should cleanup failing
> file-local-copy calls. In my environment, /tmp is clean now after
> running tramp-tests.el.
>
> Could you pls recheck?

I've tested using "make -C test tramp-tests".  After bootstrap,
everything is fine, so I'm closing this bug.  Thanks.

BTW, I saw this failure before bootstrap but I'm not sure if it's worth
fixing:

Test tramp-test47-delay-load backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-match-p (tramp-compat-rx "T
  ert-fail(((should (string-match-p (tramp-compat-rx "Tramp loaded: ni
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7735 (apply fn-7733 args-7734)) (set
  (let (form-description-7737) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7735 (a
  (let ((value-7735 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-7736)) (let (form-des
  (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p) (args-7734 (condition-case err (le
  (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p) (args-7734
  (while tail (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p)
  (let ((tail '(t nil))) (while tail (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn
  (let ((default-directory (expand-file-name temporary-file-directory)
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test47-delay-load :documentatio
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test47-delay-load condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (string-match-p
	(tramp-compat-rx "Tramp loaded: nil" ... "Tramp loaded: nil" ...
"Tramp loaded: " ... ...)
	(shell-command-to-string ...)))
      :form
      (string-match-p "Tramp loaded: nil[\n\15]+Tramp loaded:
nil[\n\15]+Tramp loaded: t[\n\15]+" "Tramp loaded: nil\nTramp loaded:
nil\nSource file ‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el’
newer than byte-compiled file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/comint.el’ newer than byte-compiled
file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/cus-edit.el’ newer than byte-compiled
file; using older file\nTramp loaded: t\n")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  85/88  tramp-test47-delay-load (0.207643 sec) at
lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:7534