Subject: bug#60060: closed (Re: bug#60060: 29.0.50; tramp-tests leave temporary files behind)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 02:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60060: 29.0.50; tramp-tests leave temporary files behind

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60060: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60060
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60060: 29.0.50; tramp-tests leave temporary files behind
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:08:33 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've pushed a fix to the emacs-29 branch which should cleanup failing
> file-local-copy calls. In my environment, /tmp is clean now after
> running tramp-tests.el.
>
> Could you pls recheck?

I've tested using "make -C test tramp-tests".  After bootstrap,
everything is fine, so I'm closing this bug.  Thanks.

BTW, I saw this failure before bootstrap but I'm not sure if it's worth
fixing:

Test tramp-test47-delay-load backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-match-p (tramp-compat-rx "T
  ert-fail(((should (string-match-p (tramp-compat-rx "Tramp loaded: ni
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7735 (apply fn-7733 args-7734)) (set
  (let (form-description-7737) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7735 (a
  (let ((value-7735 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-7736)) (let (form-des
  (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p) (args-7734 (condition-case err (le
  (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p) (args-7734
  (while tail (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn-7733 #'string-match-p)
  (let ((tail '(t nil))) (while tail (let ((tm (car tail))) (let* ((fn
  (let ((default-directory (expand-file-name temporary-file-directory)
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test47-delay-load :documentatio
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test47-delay-load condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (string-match-p
	(tramp-compat-rx "Tramp loaded: nil" ... "Tramp loaded: nil" ...
"Tramp loaded: " ... ...)
	(shell-command-to-string ...)))
      :form
      (string-match-p "Tramp loaded: nil[\n\15]+Tramp loaded:
nil[\n\15]+Tramp loaded: t[\n\15]+" "Tramp loaded: nil\nTramp loaded:
nil\nSource file ‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el’
newer than byte-compiled file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/comint.el’ newer than byte-compiled
file; using older file\nSource file
‘/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/cus-edit.el’ newer than byte-compiled
file; using older file\nTramp loaded: t\n")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  85/88  tramp-test47-delay-load (0.207643 sec) at
lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:7534

Subject: 29.0.50; tramp-tests leave temporary files behind
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 23:37:40 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

Running "make -C test tramp-tests" leaves files like these behind in the
/tmp directory when it's done:

  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.96wMX0
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.Z0kdHt
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.fzW51I
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.gGLsr2
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.pMvk3u
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.pri8yI
  -rw------- 1 skangas skangas    0 2022-12-14 08:12 tramp.riZhlf

Could that be avoided?