Subject: [PATCH] image: Enhance compatibility of the root ext4 partition.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 21:17:52 -0500

Generating a raw-with-offset image would previously not be bootable with
U-Boot.

* gnu/system/image.scm (root-partition) [file-system-options]: New field.
---
 gnu/system/image.scm | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/gnu/system/image.scm b/gnu/system/image.scm
index f07a4a5217..2bf4559501 100644
--- a/gnu/system/image.scm
+++ b/gnu/system/image.scm
@@ -138,6 +138,9 @@ (define root-partition
    (size 'guess)
    (label root-label)
    (file-system "ext4")
+   ;; Disable the metadata_csum and 64bit features of ext4, for compatibility
+   ;; with U-Boot.
+   (file-system-options (list "-O" "^metadata_csum,^64bit"))
    (flags '(boot))
    (initializer (gexp initialize-root-partition))))

base-commit: 0ffa501f2b3e83ae56e9c2bd31418439090e869a
prerequisite-patch-id: 660177fb9eee55d11983ea9360c072730d0d21a5
prerequisite-patch-id: 776778c03bce9b7ad3ab94a120f42b764c00fcae
prerequisite-patch-id: 4910d08bdc27384d76030b6ac491ad2c2ed0957f
prerequisite-patch-id: fd4074fb4cf068ccac3122c19138f098a610542a
prerequisite-patch-id: b9b6f21a2db3f7a5ef82bb11ed23f69749cc6b3d
prerequisite-patch-id: 51cecbabc04c69d4338addaece536c42a075660f
prerequisite-patch-id: 2c67bfd85b343a65440e6c63451e5417129dea6f
prerequisite-patch-id: b24087b240dad97b6417e37176915c24a543e887
prerequisite-patch-id: 2b8e69760af1f7bfb66c1edb44471653b6b229d1
prerequisite-patch-id: 2cb8792eedc8cfc23b4728f9ec44366aa394b954
prerequisite-patch-id: 8684fb6949ced334698dbf32ae71dd76c5eb2cfe
prerequisite-patch-id: 4cc71f61e136fd7288e767ce02bef3b711ea1ad2
prerequisite-patch-id: 69318aca2af97593db0737a035ff646414d61016
-- 
2.38.1