Subject: [bug#60055] [PATCH] scripts: system: Skip initrd modules check when using --target.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 20:53:03 -0500

* guix/scripts/system.scm (perform-action): Do not call CHECK-INITRD-MODULES
when the %current-target-system parameter is set.
---
 guix/scripts/system.scm | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/guix/scripts/system.scm b/guix/scripts/system.scm
index 6482318168..54a79501ec 100644
--- a/guix/scripts/system.scm
+++ b/guix/scripts/system.scm
@@ -842,7 +842,10 @@ (define bootcfg
     (check-mapped-devices os)
     (when (zero? (getuid))
       (check-file-system-availability (operating-system-file-systems os))
-      (check-initrd-modules os)))
+      (unless (%current-target-system)
+        ;; Skip the check if the user is making use of --target, as it doesn't
+        ;; make sense in this context.
+        (check-initrd-modules os))))
 
   (mlet* %store-monad
       ((sys       (system-derivation-for-action image action

base-commit: 0ffa501f2b3e83ae56e9c2bd31418439090e869a
prerequisite-patch-id: 660177fb9eee55d11983ea9360c072730d0d21a5
prerequisite-patch-id: 776778c03bce9b7ad3ab94a120f42b764c00fcae
prerequisite-patch-id: 4910d08bdc27384d76030b6ac491ad2c2ed0957f
prerequisite-patch-id: fd4074fb4cf068ccac3122c19138f098a610542a
prerequisite-patch-id: b9b6f21a2db3f7a5ef82bb11ed23f69749cc6b3d
prerequisite-patch-id: 51cecbabc04c69d4338addaece536c42a075660f
prerequisite-patch-id: 2c67bfd85b343a65440e6c63451e5417129dea6f
prerequisite-patch-id: b24087b240dad97b6417e37176915c24a543e887
prerequisite-patch-id: 2b8e69760af1f7bfb66c1edb44471653b6b229d1
prerequisite-patch-id: 2cb8792eedc8cfc23b4728f9ec44366aa394b954
prerequisite-patch-id: 8684fb6949ced334698dbf32ae71dd76c5eb2cfe
-- 
2.38.1