Subject: bug#60048: 30.0.50; Freeze when next-line on details in Completions list

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 17:26:24 -0300

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Emacs freeze when the command `previous-line-completion' or
>> `next-line-completion' are executed in Completions list and the cursor
>> is positioned at some details (the prefix and suffix annotations).
>
> Thanks for the bug report.  When the cursor is on a prefix or a suffix,
> where in your opinion typing <down> should go?  Do you expect that
> it should search for the completion candidate from the left
> or from the right side after moving to the next line if it
> can't see the completion candidate already near point?

Hi Juri,

Regarding your question, if I understood it correctly, I expect <down>
to have the exactly same behavior regardless of the cursor position,
i.e., to move to next completion line, no matter if cursor is on a
prefix, a suffix or on a completion candidate.  The same is true for
<up>.  The <left> and <right> seems to be working as expected.

---
Gabriel