Subject: [bug#60042] [PATCH] gnu: git: Update to 2.39.0.

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 11:38:40 -0500

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 9:52 AM Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> According to figures in the manual, it’s for ‘staging’ (info "(guix)
> Submitting Patches").  But I guess those figures are less appropriate
> now that the package collection and build farms have grown.  We’ll have
> to think about it!

I closed this ticket after noticing that Tobias had hotfixed the
update to the staging branch.

In addition to potentially increasing the dependent package
thresholds, we should consider alternatives to the process for
submitting, reviewing, and testing the patches for staging and
core-updates. I think just having an announced window for submissions
(perhaps 1 week for staging and 2 weeks for core-updates) would
eliminate some unnecessary work. There would be little benefit to
submitting simple package updates before the open window when an even
newer release may still become available. Also, this could encourage
more participation in the validation and testing process: similar to
how releases are branched off master, we could encourage developers
and users to test the pre-merge staging and (especially) core-updates.