Subject: [bug#60039] Update GDAL and NetCDF and include lz4 and openjpeg support

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:07:01 +0000

Roman Scherer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hello Guix,
>
> this patch series updates the GDAL, Netcdf and libtiff packages. It also
> adds support for lz4 and openjpeg to GDAL.
>
> Could you please review it?
>
> Thanks, Roman.
>
> [2. text/x-diff; 0001-gnu-gdal-Update-to-3.6.0.patch]...

Hi,

Instead of this patch 1, I pushed the patch from issue 60159 that updates
gdal to 3.6.1.

> [3. text/x-diff; 0002-gnu-gdal-Add-support-for-lz4-and-openjpeg.patch]...

Patch 2 pushed as 3c6f7b53cea7ea5dc8176fec02271bc3770d7fc1.

> [4. text/x-diff; 0003-gnu-libtiff-Update-to-4.4.0.patch]...

As libtiff as over 9000 dependents, it has to be updated on the
core-updates branch instead of master (see [1]). However, libtiff is
already at version 4.4.0 on core-updates, so patch 3 is not necessary
and libtiff 4.4.0 will end up in master when core-updates gets merged.

[1] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches

> [5. text/x-diff; 0004-gnu-netcdf-Update-to-4.9.0.patch]...

When adding or removing a patch file to "gnu/packages/patches/...", the
'dist_patch_DATA' variable in "gnu/packages/local.mk" has to be updated
to track the necessary patch files.
Moreover, as this patch fixes only one line, it is also possible to add
a custom phase with a '(substitute* ...)' form in the 'arguments' field
instead of adding a patch file.
Could you send an updated patch 4?
Thanks.

Also, many tests are disabled in 'configure-flags'. Are they not working
at all?