Subject: [bug#60039] Update GDAL and NetCDF and include lz4 and openjpeg support

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 10:41:15 +0000

Roman Scherer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> here's the updated patch for Netcdf. I checked the tests again, I
> believe I left some of them off by accident after trying a couple of
> things. So, I enabled some of them again. They pass. However, I left the
> remote and large file tests still turned off.
>
> I believe the remote tests we do not want anyway on Guix CICD
> system. Is that correct? And the large file tests seem to take ages. Can
> we ignore them, because they are super annoying?
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> Wdyt?
>
> Roman.
>
> [2. text/x-diff; 0005-gnu-netcdf-Update-to-4.9.0.patch]...

Hi,

The build environment doesn't have network access, so indeed remote
tests have to be disabled.

The netcdf-parallel-openmpi package fails to build with the updated
netcdf. I think it's because the package definition for
netcdf-parallel-openmpi inherits from the package definition for netcdf,
so it has to be updated to take into consideration the build-system
change of netcdf.

There are also some dependents that fail to build (cdo, python-h5netcdf,
python-meshio, qgis). I saw some error messages about conflicting
versions of hdf5, probably because in your patch netcdf uses hdf5-1.12
and the dependents also have hdf5 (v1.10) in their dependency graph in
some way. Maybe this could be fixed by using hdf5 instead of hdf5-1.12
for netcdf...

Could take a look?