Subject: Re: bug#60035: [nongnu] emacsql added, but only available in devel archive so far

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 11:56:12 -0700

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas [2022-12-13 09:32:49] wrote:
>> I've added emacsql et al to NonGNU ELPA[1], but the packages are only
>> available on nongnu-devel[2] and not in the main archive[3].
>> Is there anything else that needs doing?
>
> I think this is a subliminal message that the NonGNU archive sends us to
> tell us we should use a single package for `emacsql` rather than
> N tiny packages.

We now have the below commit changing this into one package, so I think
we're just waiting for Jonas to make a release.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

commit 9e236b82a2da24bb9983e2f63061323354d6ecfe
Author: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Feb 21 15:23:59 2023 +0100

    * elpa-packages (emacsql): Include all connector libraries.

    * elpa-packages (emacsql-mysql): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-psql): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-sqlite): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-sqlite-builtin): Remove package.

    This was requested in
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-12/msg00525.html.

    None of these packages have been released on NonGNU ELPA yet but they
    are already available from NonGNU-devel ELPA.  A single package in GNU
    ELPA and GNU-devel ELPA depends on `emacsql': `triples', but it only
    depends on `emacsql', not `emacsql-sqlite'.

    On MELPA some packages do depend on `emacsql-sqlite', so there I was
    forced to continue to distribute the connector libraries as separate
    packages for now, but `emacsql' from MELPA now contains all libraries
    too.

    This will be fixed once the next version of `emacsql' is released,
    which should happen next month.  That will also require new releases
    of all the packages that currently depend on `emacsql-sqlite'.  You
    can find more details about the roadmap and the complications in
    https://github.com/melpa/melpa/commit/4872ef038dbbf67008bfa7951574ee372d6ff68d.