Subject: bug#60035: closed (Re: bug#60035: [nongnu] emacsql added, but only available in devel archive so far)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60035: [nongnu] emacsql added, but only available in devel archive so far

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60035: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60035
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60035: [nongnu] emacsql added, but only available in devel archive so far
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 11:56:12 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas [2022-12-13 09:32:49] wrote:
>> I've added emacsql et al to NonGNU ELPA[1], but the packages are only
>> available on nongnu-devel[2] and not in the main archive[3].
>> Is there anything else that needs doing?
>
> I think this is a subliminal message that the NonGNU archive sends us to
> tell us we should use a single package for `emacsql` rather than
> N tiny packages.

We now have the below commit changing this into one package, so I think
we're just waiting for Jonas to make a release.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

commit 9e236b82a2da24bb9983e2f63061323354d6ecfe
Author: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Feb 21 15:23:59 2023 +0100

    * elpa-packages (emacsql): Include all connector libraries.

    * elpa-packages (emacsql-mysql): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-psql): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-sqlite): Remove package.
    * elpa-packages (emacsql-sqlite-builtin): Remove package.

    This was requested in
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-12/msg00525.html.

    None of these packages have been released on NonGNU ELPA yet but they
    are already available from NonGNU-devel ELPA.  A single package in GNU
    ELPA and GNU-devel ELPA depends on `emacsql': `triples', but it only
    depends on `emacsql', not `emacsql-sqlite'.

    On MELPA some packages do depend on `emacsql-sqlite', so there I was
    forced to continue to distribute the connector libraries as separate
    packages for now, but `emacsql' from MELPA now contains all libraries
    too.

    This will be fixed once the next version of `emacsql' is released,
    which should happen next month.  That will also require new releases
    of all the packages that currently depend on `emacsql-sqlite'.  You
    can find more details about the roadmap and the complications in
    https://github.com/melpa/melpa/commit/4872ef038dbbf67008bfa7951574ee372d6ff68d.

Subject: [nongnu] emacsql added, but only available in devel archive so far
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 09:32:49 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've added emacsql et al to NonGNU ELPA[1], but the packages are only
available on nongnu-devel[2] and not in the main archive[3].

Is there anything else that needs doing?

Footnotes:
[1]  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/commit/?id=f4166f428a3d4ffc0dc7053cc87eb38b6b1e93c8

[2]  https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu-devel/

[3]  https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/