Subject: bug#60025: [PATCH] Add go-ts-mode and go-mod-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:25:19 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 02:13:47 +0000
> From: Randy Taylor <[email-masked]>
> 
> --- a/etc/NEWS
> +++ b/etc/NEWS
> @@ -3078,6 +3078,11 @@ A major mode based on the tree-sitter library for editing CMake files.
>  It includes support for font-locking, indentation, Imenu, and
>  which-func.
>  
> +** New major modes 'go-ts-mode' and 'go-mod-ts-mode'.
> +Major modes based on the tree-sitter library for editing programs in
> +the Go language.  It includes support for font-locking, indentation,
> +Imenu, and which-func.

This should say something about go-mod-ts-mode, at least which files
it's supposed to support and for what purpose.

> +(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("go\\.mod\\'" . go-mod-ts-mode))

Aren't the files's base name always exactly "go.mod" and nothing else?
If so, the regexp should be augmented, because we don't want to use
this moder for, say, foogo.mod or fubar-go.mod, right?

Thanks.