Subject: bug#60021: closed (Re: bug#60021: 29.0.60; Eshell completion errors in the presence of buffer redirects)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 22:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60021: 29.0.60; Eshell completion errors in the presence of buffer redirects

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60021: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60021
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60021: 29.0.60; Eshell completion errors in the presence of buffer redirects
From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 22:03:44 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

No further comments in a week, pushed (dafa6d6bad) and closing.

Subject: 29.0.60; Eshell completion errors in the presence of buffer redirects
From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:23:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. Start emacs -Q
2. M-x eshell
3. ls > #<*scratch*> TAB

The following error is observed:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp #<buffer *scratch*>)
  pcomplete-match("\\`--[^=]+=\\(.*\\)" 0)
  pcomplete-here-using-help("ls --help")
  pcomplete/ls()
  pcomplete-completions()
  pcomplete-completions-at-point()

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-12-11 built on projects
Repository revision: f221105723dc8d3ee9f3c8d1c2717058afbc6666
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/user/emacs/install --with-json
 --with-native-compilation --with-x-toolkit=athena --without-dbus
 --without-selinux --without-threads --without-gsettings --with-cairo'

Configured features:
CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns
radix-tree cl-print byte-opt debug backtrace find-func pcmpl-unix
em-unix em-term term disp-table shell ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs esh-var pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode
eshell esh-cmd generator esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib files-x rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 134689 10796)
 (symbols 48 11140 0)
 (strings 32 32175 1832)
 (string-bytes 1 996479)
 (vectors 16 21968)
 (vector-slots 8 436129 17427)
 (floats 8 49 31)
 (intervals 56 529 0)
 (buffers 976 14))