Subject: bug#60004: closed (Re: bug#60004: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode does not use new font-lock-number-face for numeric values)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 23:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60004: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode does not use new font-lock-number-face for numeric values

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60004: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60004
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60004: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode does not use new font-lock-number-face for numeric values
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:07:27 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Given the capabilities of tree-sitter to accurately determine node-types in the AST, most tree-sitter based major-modes
> use @font-lock-number-face for numeric values.
>
> csharp-ts-mode does for some reason not.
>
> This patch fixes that :)
>

Applied, thanks! BTW, are you using magit? If you do,
magit-commit-add-log will save you a lot of typing writing a commit
message. Just type C in the diff buffer with point in the function you
changed, and it would insert a changelog entry into the commit buffer.

Yuan

Subject: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode does not use new font-lock-number-face for numeric values
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>, Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:51:43 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Given the capabilities of tree-sitter to accurately determine node-types 
in the AST, most tree-sitter based major-modes use 
@font-lock-number-face for numeric values.

csharp-ts-mode does for some reason not.

This patch fixes that :)

--

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-12 built on ThinkPad-T14s
Repository revision: cc748813cb5d43f09118763b72c297ff7ba92389
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured using:
  'configure --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C#

Minor modes in effect:
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   lsp-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-headerline-breadcrumb-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-workspace-status-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-code-actions-mode: t
   dap-tooltip-mode: t
   dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
   dap-ui-controls-mode: t
   dap-ui-mode: t
   lsp-lens-mode: t
   dap-auto-configure-mode: t
   dap-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   lsp-completion-mode: t
   treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
   treemacs-follow-mode: t
   treemacs-git-mode: t
   treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
   lsp-managed-mode: t
   lsp-mode: t
   flycheck-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   company-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   global-nlinum-mode: t
   nlinum-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug git-rebase goto-addr magit-extras vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc dired-aux sgml-mode facemenu
grep bug-reference help-fns cl-print helm-bookmark helm-net
helm-adaptive magit-bookmark treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags bookmark
projectile-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt radix-tree mm-archive
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug debug backtrace helm-info magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit
log-edit message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm compat-27 compat-26
misearch multi-isearch executable flyspell ispell mule-util
typescript-ts-mode js mail-extr face-remap lsp-diagnostics
lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline dap-mouse dap-ui gdb-mi bindat gud
bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node dap-utils dap-pwsh
dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch posframe dap-overlays view
disp-table elec-pair csharp-mode treesit cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn winner ffap tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log lsp-zig
lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r
lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-pls
lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix
lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack
lsp-graphql lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp
lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm
lsp-dockerfile lsp-docker yaml lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls
lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-astro
lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada warnings lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget spinner network-stream nsm
markdown-mode color lv inline ht ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config
highlight-symbol flycheck editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company which-func hideshow eww url-queue thingatpt shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr helm-imenu pcase imenu
ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs helm-mode
helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util xdg image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load icons
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config delsel autorevert filenotify
yasnippet derived nlinum linum ido-yes-or-no advice ido edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode xref project server hl-line
pixel-scroll cua-base compile-eslint compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons shrink-path rx f f-shortdoc shortdoc
text-property-search s dash compat compat-macs dracula-theme cl-extra
help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf
flycheck-autoloads helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads async-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads nlinum-autoloads
toml-mode-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads magit-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads
ido-yes-or-no-autoloads magit-section-autoloads cargo-autoloads
ido-completing-read+-autoloads memoize-autoloads paredit-autoloads
company-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads powershell-autoloads
dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads bui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads ht-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads info
dash-autoloads s-autoloads popup-autoloads queue-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
nil

-- 
Vennlig hilsen
*Jostein Kjønigsen*

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>

From aedd337d896bcc3ae409039a0836e976836f7715 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Jostein=20Kj=C3=B8nigsen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:50:22 +0100
Subject: [PATCH 5/5] csharp-ts-mode: use font-lock-number-face for numeric
 values.

lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el: update fontification code.
---
 lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el b/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
index 8a7313b1ce8..dfe98cc49e6 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
@@ -709,8 +709,8 @@ csharp-ts-mode--font-lock-settings
    :language 'c-sharp
    :override t
    :feature 'literal
-   `((integer_literal) @font-lock-constant-face
-     (real_literal) @font-lock-constant-face
+   `((integer_literal) @font-lock-number-face
+     (real_literal) @font-lock-number-face
      (null_literal) @font-lock-constant-face
      (boolean_literal) @font-lock-constant-face)
    :language 'c-sharp
-- 
2.37.2