Subject: Re: bug#6000: describe-text-sexp does not know window-width

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 11:49:20 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> and M-x foo in some window.  Dependent on the width of that window,
> `describe-text-sexp' will decide whether to insert the expression in
> *foo* or display a "Show" button instead.  When you eventually display
> *foo* you will see the result.  I think a simple check like
>
>     (if (and (not (string-match-p "\n" pp))
>              (eq (window-buffer) (current-buffer))
>              (<= (length pp) (- (window-width) (current-column))))
> 	(insert pp)
>
> should work.

Hm...  this will always insert the [Show] button if the *foo* buffer
isn't the current buffer?  Is that what we want here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no