Subject: [bug#59989] [PATCH] tests: Fix txinfo-include test for texinfo 7.x

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 14:51:02 +0200

> From: Gavin Smith <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 08:13:55 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> I think using curly quotes by default was a mistake in the first place
> for UTF-8 input; however, any changes to the defaults should be discussed
> on [email-masked].  The main issue that I would foresee is that
> in Emacs Info mode, there can be highlighting of text surrounded by
> curly quotes, so we would have to check that this highlighting also
> worked if ASCII apostrophes were used instead.

Emacs never highlighted symbols quoted `like this', before Texinfo
started producing Unicode quotes.  So people who want the latter style
of quoting are (or should be) already accustomed to not seeing such
symbols highlighted, and so if we now introduce an optional feature to
produce quoting `like this', there will be no complaints -- provided
that the default behavior will remain ‘like this’.  Making `this' be
the default now is not recommended, as I expect too many people to
complain.