Subject: [bug#59989] [PATCH] tests: Fix txinfo-include test for texinfo 7.x

From: Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 18:35:47 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Frederic,
>
>     Texinfo modified its behavior regarding apostrophes, which are now
>     replaced by UTF-8 right single quotes by default.
>
> Sorry to hear it, but not surprised.
>
>     -GNU's Not Unix.
>     +@verb{.GNU's Not Unix..}
>
> I don't think there's any guarantee that verb quotes will also be
> "helpfully" changed in the future. One wouldn't think so, but ...
>   

There has to be some way to get a straight quote, and verbatim is (as 
far as I can tell) intended for code examples and similar literal text.  
Note that TeX has long (always?) converted backtick and apostrophe to 
left and right quotes, building up double quotes from `` and '', so this 
change in Texinfo harmonizes Info output with what texinfo.tex has 
always produced.  (There have been a few places in the DejaGnu manual 
where I have converted ASCII double quotes to TeX style because regular 
double quotes look seriously out of place in the PDF version.)

> So instead, I changed the test document to avoid apostrophes. Pushed the
> below. Hope it flies. --thanks, karl.
>   

Since this is a test document, that should not be a problem.

-- Jacob