Subject: Re: bug#59986: 30.0.50; Can't trash file with broken symbolic link

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:54:32 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2022-12-15 10:12]:
> Sorry, I was confused when I wrote the question: I was actually
> interested in the file being moved to trash, not the file already in
> the trash.

If there is dangling symlink in Trash then even if the file to be
deleted to Trash exists and is not symlink, I get the same error
message:

To reproduce:

1. Create dangling symlink:

   $ ln -s something more

2. Delete the file `more' to Trash by using Emacs

3. Create new file

   $ touch more

4. Try deleting file `more' by moving to Trash, there is error:

   file-already-exists: File already exists: /home/data1/protected/tmp/Trash/more

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/