Subject: bug#59982: 29.0.60; Can not find info when I install package with package-vc-install

From: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 08:32:37 +0800

When I install emacs-eat with package-vc-info, I find that I can not
read info of emacs-eat with info command.

I check eat install dir, and find the file eat.info and eat.texi.

```
  /home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/eat:
  总用量 1776
  drwxr-xr-x  6 feng feng   4096 12月 12 08:28 .
  drwxr-xr-x 81 feng feng   8192 12月  8 08:30 ..
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  25718 12月 12 08:28 ChangeLog
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  10475 12月  2 16:14 CONTRIBUTE
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  35149 12月  2 16:14 COPYING
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng    600 12月 12 08:28 dir
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng    237 12月  2 16:14 .dir-locals.el
  drwxr-xr-x  2 feng feng     80 12月  2 16:14 e
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng   3743 12月 12 08:28 eat-autoloads.el
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 251774 12月 12 08:28 eat.el
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 333492 12月 12 08:28 eat.elc
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 119891 12月 12 08:28 eat.info
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng    435 12月 12 08:28 eat-pkg.el
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 243305 12月  7 10:19 eat-tests.el
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 206236 12月 12 08:28 eat-tests.elc
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  42895 12月 12 08:28 eat.texi
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng   3645 12月  2 16:14 eat.ti
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng     80 12月  2 16:14 .elpaignore
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  23434 12月  2 16:14 fdl.texi
  drwxr-xr-x  8 feng feng   4096 12月 12 08:28 .git
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng    100 12月 12 08:28 .gitignore
  -rwxr-xr-x  1 feng feng  17083 12月  2 16:14 gitlog-to-changelog
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng  35089 12月  2 16:14 gpl.texi
  drwxr-xr-x  2 feng feng     18 12月 12 08:28 integration
  -rwxr-xr-x  1 feng feng   1388 12月  2 16:14 make-changelog
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng   1598 12月  2 16:14 Makefile
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng   1160 12月  2 16:14 NEWS
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng   5819 12月 12 08:28 README.org
  drwxr-xr-x  2 feng feng     35 12月 12 08:28 term
  -rw-r--r--  1 feng feng 376807 12月  2 16:14 texinfo.tex

```

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-12-12 built on Tumashu
Repository revision: 9c0d7bb73bb6a8d81b476d3fa497569c3061bdca
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  cnfonts-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  company-posframe-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/feng/emacs/emacs29/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug dired-aux misearch multi-isearch mule-util
citre citre-global cus-edit cus-start cus-load term/xterm xterm ert ewoc
debug backtrace loaddefs-gen vc-git vc-hg mm-archive network-stream
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw nsm package-vc cursor-sensor
emacs-helper eh-guix skeleton guix geiser-guile info-look geiser-debug
geiser-repl geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc geiser-menu
geiser-autodoc geiser-edit geiser-completion geiser-eval
geiser-connection geiser-syntax scheme geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree
geiser-log geiser-popup view geiser-custom geiser-base geiser eh-misc
vundo magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
server magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils
aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-player-simple emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line easy-mmode emms-cache
emms-info-native bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info emms-later-do emms-playlist-mode
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate emms emms-compat el2org
cnfonts tempel citre-config citre-lang-fileref citre-tags citre-ctags
citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface
citre-ui-peek color citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util
projectile lisp-mnt grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs eat
shell eh-gnus-common ebdb-message ebdb-gnus nnselect ebdb-mua
ebdb-complete ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb-i18n-chn ebdb-i18n
ebdb-i18n-basic ebdb inline eieio-base timezone eww url-queue thingatpt
mm-url gnus-demon gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar ezimage dframe
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr eh-complete
company-posframe company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref
company-gtags company-template company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company edmacro eh-org org-ql peg
org-super-agenda ts ht s dash org-habit org-capture ob-python python
project treesit ob-org ox-md ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element org-persist xdg avl-tree generator autorevert
filenotify org-attach org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec eh-functions eh-theme
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes eh-basic cal-china-x cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
pyim-basedict pyim-cregexp-utils pyim pyim-cloudim pyim-probe
pyim-preview pyim-page posframe pyim-indicator pyim-dregcache
pyim-dhashcache sort pyim-dict async pcase pyim-autoselector
pyim-process pyim-punctuation pyim-outcome pyim-candidates pyim-cstring
pyim-cregexp xr rx pyim-codes pyim-imobjs pyim-pinyin pyim-entered
pyim-dcache pyim-pymap pyim-scheme pyim-common wdired dired
dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher consult-vertico consult compat-28 compat
compat-macs kmacro orderless vertico-directory vertico savehist tab-line
switch-window switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail
help-mode so-long elec-pair bookmark text-property-search pp
pixel-scroll cua-base ring recentf tree-widget wid-edit elpa-mirror
finder-inf consult-autoloads company-posframe-autoloads org-ql-autoloads
f-autoloads ov-autoloads vertico-posframe-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads
aggressive-indent-autoloads posframe-autoloads company-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dired-ranger-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
kotlin-mode-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads org-download-autoloads
org-super-agenda-autoloads ht-autoloads citre-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads switch-window-autoloads vertico-autoloads ts-autoloads
s-autoloads orderless-autoloads liberime-autoloads
modus-themes-autoloads xmlgen-autoloads wrap-region-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads vundo-autoloads eat-autoloads cape-autoloads
recentf-ext-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads pyim-basedict-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
tempel-autoloads popon-autoloads corfu-autoloads projectile-autoloads
emms-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads ox-gfm-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads compat-autoloads guix-autoloads bui-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads transient-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads
elpa-mirror-autoloads el2org-autoloads ebdb-i18n-chn-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads pyim-autoloads async-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
xr-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info geiser-autoloads peg-autoloads
cnfonts-autoloads cal-china-x-autoloads autopair-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1100009 218501)
 (symbols 48 55513 737)
 (strings 32 568921 15150)
 (string-bytes 1 10373246)
 (vectors 16 101043)
 (vector-slots 8 13269994 237436)
 (floats 8 1224 658)
 (intervals 56 2341 1523)
 (buffers 976 18))