Subject: 23.1.96; Breadcrumbs defeat C-u 1 C-v in Info

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:18:34 +0300

emacs -Q
 C-u C-h i /path/to/emacs/info/emacs RET
 g Narrowing RET
 C-u 1 C-v

Note that the display does not scroll by one line.  "C-u 2 C-v" does
scroll by 2 lines, as well as "C-u 1 C-v" if the breadcrumbs are not
visible.

You can see this in any node, not just in Narrowing, of course.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-04-20 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1255
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Mail

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <up> C-h c C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-u 1 
C-v <next> C-u 1 C-v C-z C-z C-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z 
M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z 
M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z 
C-z C-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z <up> C-z 
C-z C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z 
<down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> 
C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> 
C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> 
C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z C-z C-z <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> C-z C-z C-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z 
M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z <up> <up> <up> 
C-z C-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z C-z C-z C-z 
<up> <up> <up> C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z M-z M-z M-z 
M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z M-z C-z <up> M-z C-z M-z 
M-z C-z <down> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
M-z M-z C-z C-z C-z C-z <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> l <help-echo> <left> <left> 
<right> <right> <left> <left> <left> <right> <kp-0> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-z C-z M-z 
M-z C-z M-z M-z C-z C-z C-z C-z <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> M-x r e p o r t - e m 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Quit
"\\|@[a-zA-Z]*[ 
]\\|\\|[ 	]*$"
Making completion list...
Found `paragraph-start' in Index.  (Only match)
Beginning of buffer
C-z runs the command (lambda nil (interactive) (scroll-up 1))
Beginning of buffer [2 times]
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
call-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug multi-isearch help-mode view texinfo auth-source
message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp
ietf-drums nnheader gnus-util netrc mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils
wid-edit mailheader canlock hashcash smtpmail dabbrev mailalias
mailabbrev sendmail rmailout conf-mode newcomment ld-script sh-script
executable dired-x dired-aux dired tcl generic parse-time nxml-uchnm
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
sgml-mode arc-mode archive-mode make-mode python-21 python comint ring
jka-compr vc-cvs info add-log flyspell ispell org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex
org-bbdb org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns
advice-preload org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat
org-macs time-date noutline outline easy-mmode vc-bzr sha1 hex-util
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt rmailsum rmail mail-utils desktop
server filecache saveplace generic-x paren battery time tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)