Subject: Re: bug#5996: [PATCH] base64: always treat input in binary mode

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:12:52 -0600

On 04/22/2010 11:00 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> The following message got resent to bug-gnu-emacs rather than
> bug-coreutils, because debbugs got confused.

Well, my screw-up with To: fields means that my planned review period
was delayed...

>> Thanks for the report.  I'll commit this later today if there are no
>> objections; it should have no impact for any platform that does not
>> have O_BINARY, and although it is not perfect on Cygwin, it is not
>> too much to add to my workload for creating the cygwin port of coreutils
>> 8.5.  And someday I'll get around to creating the new gnulib interface
>> for gracefully enforcing binary streams without clobbering O_APPEND.

But I'd still like to commit this in time for coreutils 8.5 later today
if there are no complaints.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org