Subject: Re: bug#59949: [PATCH] gnu: Add power-profiles-daemon

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 16:05:06 +0100

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> From: florhizome <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm (power-profiles-daemon): New variable.

Applied with the changes below to address ‘guix lint’ warnings.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
index 3077925454..d63fe8f7ca 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
@@ -1061,7 +1061,8 @@ (define-public power-profiles-daemon
     (native-inputs
      (list `(,glib "bin") gobject-introspection pkg-config python vala))
     (inputs
-     (list dbus
+     (list bash-minimal                           ;for 'wrap-program'
+           dbus
            dbus-glib
            libgudev
            glib polkit
@@ -1070,15 +1071,17 @@ (define-public power-profiles-daemon
            upower))
     (home-page "https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/hadess/power-profiles-daemon")
     (synopsis "Power profile handling over D-Bus")
-    (description "power-profiles-daemon offers to modify system behaviour based
- upon user-selected power profiles. There are 3 different power profiles, a
-\"balanced\" default mode, a \"power-saver\" mode, as well as a \"performance\"
- mode. The first 2 of those are available on every system. The  \"performance\"
- mode is only available on select systems and is implemented by different \"drivers\"
- based on the system or systems it targets.
-In addition to those 2 or 3 modes (depending on the system), \"actions\" can be hooked
-up to change the behaviour of a particular device. For example, this can be used
-to disable the fast-charging for some USB devices when in power-saver mode.")
+    (description
+     "power-profiles-daemon offers to modify system behaviour based upon
+user-selected power profiles.  There are 3 different power profiles, a
+\"balanced\" default mode, a \"power-saver\" mode, as well as a
+\"performance\" mode.  The first 2 of those are available on every system.
+The \"performance\" mode is only available on select systems and is
+implemented by different \"drivers\" based on the system or systems it
+targets.  In addition to those 2 or 3 modes (depending on the system),
+\"actions\" can be hooked up to change the behaviour of a particular device.
+For example, this can be used to disable the fast-charging for some USB
+devices when in power-saver mode.")
     (license license:gpl3)))