Subject: Re: bug#59945: [PATCH] Fix empty pairs in js tree-sitter imenu alist

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:25:58 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 20:48:58 -0800, Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> said:

    Yuan> "Charl P. Botha" <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> On Fri, Dec 16, 2022, at 16:11, Robert Pluim wrote:
    >>>>>>>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 07:58:46 +0200, "Charl P. Botha" <[email-masked]> said:
    Charl> I followed the instructions at
    Charl> 
    >>> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html
    Charl> which said to use "git format-patch master" and include 
    >>> either inline
    Charl> (which I did) or as a mime attachment.
    >>> 
    >>> Not quite. You sent the result of 'git format-patch master' as an
    >>> email, not inline in an email (presumably with 'git send-email'). That
    >>> shouldnʼt matter, because 'git apply' should work in either case, but
    >>> attachments are sometimes easier to work with.
    >> 
    >> Thank you for the correction, Robert! I thought that sending the
    >> output of `git format-patch master` as a plain-text email was what was
    >> meant by "inline". I'm sorry about this, I'll stick to attachments in
    >> the future.

    Yuan> Not really about attachment vs inline. The first patch doesn’t have
    Yuan> author, commit message, etc. I’m fine with either attachment or inline
    Yuan> :-)

It did, itʼs just that the Author was the From of the email itself,
and the commit message was everything before '---' :-)

Itʼs the style used on linux-kernel and related lists.

Robert
--