Subject: bug#59935: 29.0.60; project-list-buffers is slow

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 22:30:59 +0300

* Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> [2022-12-13 18:30]:
> On 13/12/2022 05:10, Jean Louis wrote:
> > * Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>  [2022-12-12 22:59]:
> > > On 12/12/2022 12:36, Jean Louis wrote:
> > > > If I may add to this, that project-list-buffers also incidentally
> > > > invokes re-connection of any Tramp buffers.
> > > Which part of it does? The project-buffers call, or some other step?
> > I don't know which part. All I can see is message below:
> 
> You can find out by stepping through project-list-buffers with edebug.

It iterates over results of list-buffers-noselect and among many
buffers finds those Tramp buffers. But why those Tramp buffers start
re-connecting I do not know.

For me this description below is not what that function does, as that
function seem not to select properly. What are project buffers? Are
they not files which are in directories specified as project? It seems
that function is iterating over buffers not necessary to iterate.

project-list-buffers is an autoloaded interactive Lisp closure in
‘project.el’.

It is bound to C-x p C-b.

(project-list-buffers &optional ARG)

Display a list of project buffers.
The list is displayed in a buffer named "*Buffer List*".

By default, all project buffers are listed except those whose names
start with a space (which are for internal use).  With prefix argument
ARG, show only buffers that are visiting files.

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/