Subject: Re: bug#5990: 23.1; Cannot type the word 買います

From: Alex <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 11:01:27 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> E.g., this might be relevant:
>
>>   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus

FWIW, I tried it on a system with that value and I got the same results
as Andrew. Maybe he did use a different IM.

> If there are significant updates, we can import a new version for the
> next release, I think.

I can't say anything on that front, but I tried updating the Japanese
dictionary to the latest version using skkdic-convert in
lisp/international/ja-dic-cnv.el and it still gave the "wrong" results for
買います.

I can also reproduce this with inflected versions of some common words
like はなします and よみます. Neither produce the expected results of 話
します　and 読みます.

The above examples work as expected with the mozc IM
(https://github.com/google/mozc).